Posted Nov 5, 2019
The Schochet Companies are Hiring! Come join a Winning Team!
The Schochet Companies is a full-service real estate development and management company seeking an experienced Resident Services Coordinator for Capitol Towers, in Hartford, CT. The RSC will be responsible for connecting residents with needed services, sponsoring education & wellness programs and working closely with the management team in providing an environment where the resident of our community thrives.
The RSC will connect residents to services through intake, education (services available and application procedures) and referrals to service providers in the general community. These services may include, but are not limited to, home health aides, financial assistance, counseling (mental health and substance abuse), job search/training, general education and food assistance. Establish on-site wellness programs and relationships with agencies and service providers in the community who will provide direct services to residents. The RSC will work with property managers and maintenance to assist residents in crisis situations or difficult situations. In addition, serve as a liaison between residents and property management staff.
1. Working as a member of the property management team the RSC also follows up on referrals from other staff regarding tenant issues and concerns. Staff referrals to the RSC are often focused on lease education, conflict resolution, staff support in difficult situations, safety of residents and emergency support.
2. RSC duties involve spending time with residents on a one-on-one basis related to a variety of topics that are specific to an individual resident’s needs. Residents often have limited outside resources to help them understand forms, letter, and outside services. RSC often bridge this gap in service needs.
3. Advocate, organize, problem-solve and obtain results for residents.
4. Develop an inventory of local health, social service and community resources for use by residents, resident’s families and caregivers. Assist residents in using these resources.
5. Work with property managers and maintenance to assist residents in crisis situations or difficult situations.
6. Must be able to work occasional evening or weekend hours to accommodate resident programs and other needs. The right candidate should share our goal in making a difference in our residents’ lives and improving their quality of life. The RSC maintains resident confidentiality and complies with the code of ethics. Produce clearly written files, reports, emails and newsletter as assigned. BS in Social Work or significant work-related experience is a must. Must have valid driver’s license and own transportation to travel for meetings and conferences when needed. Bilingual in Spanish required
Interested and qualified candidates please apply to email@example.com or fax 617-830-0373. Pre-employment background check & drug test required. EOE
For more information please call Robin @ 617-398-5144
The Schochet Companies has an AMO designation (Accredited Management Organization) awarded by the Institute of Real Estate Management.
Please check back here for positions!